Building bridges -
FaithInvest Leadership Programme
Lassalle-Haus, Zug, Switzerland
Because of the pandemic situation, this meeting has been postponed to fall 2021.
It is our deep conviction that Faith groups can become the most powerful collective global force to generate investments for the common good.
This programme invites you to build bridges. It allows to discover and understand better the different faiths and cultures. It helps to deepen your personal goals and values. Finally, this program builds bridges to the financial world exploring the golden circle of impact.
The need to be mindful is common to all the major faiths of the world. Against the background of the current ecological crises, this programme helps us to connect ourselves towards the other, be it the other person, the other faith or culture, nature and the world.
In this FaithInvest Leadership Programme we plan to create bridges between the diverse worlds we live in addressing substantial questions such as:
- Goals and values. What are our personal goals and values? Where do we find them in our culture, in our faiths and in our work? Which goals and values do we, or can we, share?
- Engagement. What is necessary for a fruitful engagement? Can we listen? Can we handle what is familiar and what is strange for us and yet stay connected?
- Challenges. What are the obstacles to understanding different worlds, different beliefs, different values? What alarms us most about working with people who are very different? How do we mindfully address our own personal and professional issues?
- For people and planet: How can we connect again with nature and the world? Learning to be part of creation and supporting it in growing and flourishing.
- Exploring the golden circle of impact (why, how, what)
- Best practice. Which models and case studies of best practice can we share of faiths which invest in forms of sustainable development? Of investment groups who have clear values and how can faith and investment complement each other?
- First steps to creating collaborative projects around faith, value and investment (tools, collaboration, networking, outcome)
20 - 30 Participants from the worlds of faith, finance, ethical investment, sustainable development and care for our common world.
Representatives from FaithInvest, Bristol GB; from the School of Philosophy, Munich and from the Lassalle-Institut, Zug (CH). In cooperation with experts from the world of faith and finance.
Date / Time
Sunday: Arrival and welcome
Monday: Life Journey and values / Building bridges: relation to the other
Tuesday: Exploring cultures and faiths / For people and planet
Wednesday: Faith consistent investment, best practices / Integration and next steps
Full board and lodging:
CHF 170 hotel room with private bathroom (WC/shower), per day
CHF 130 hotel room with sink (shared shower/WC facilities are located on each floor), per day
Participation fees: CHF 250
FaithInvest is a new global charitable foundation for faith investment groups. It assists all religious groups, such as the Daoists in China, Christians in the United States, Muslims in Indonesia, Hindus in India, to invest according to their values.
The Lassalle-Institut specifically addresses leaders in economy, politics and society. It offers dialogue, seminars and conferences in order to support leaders in making good decisions. Leaders are invited to reflect on their challenges, their own values and the values of their companies.
The Lassalle-Haus is a Jesuit centre and is located close to Zug, in the heart of Switzerland. The location can easily be reached from Zürich Airport with public transport (train/bus) within 90 minutes.