Training Program «GEIST & Leadership»®
The training program «GEIST & Leadership»® is designed to offer holistic training which is complementary to existing professional education. It combines contemporary insights from the fields of management, ethics, psychology and consciousness research with traditional Asian wisdom teachings.
Communication of solid knowledge enhanced by the use of case studies is directed towards implementing what has been learned in daily leadership. The focus is on personal experience as the path to competent, mindful and wise leadership. The participants are specifically encouraged in their efforts to develop their personal potential and to draw upon it when organizing their daily activities.
«GEIST & Leadership»® enables leaders to approach the major institutional and global issues of our time calmly and purposefully. The training program is based on the «Lassalle-Institut-Modell»® developed by Pia Gyger and Niklaus Brantschen.
The Modell is composed of three distinct modes of insight, reflection and action. Each of these includes three central elements (3 x 3):
- In addition to mental intelligence (IQ), emotional (EQ) and spiritual (SQ) intelligence are given equal attention and encouragement
- Holistically developed intelligence makes it possible to experience how unity, diversity and uniqueness are part of the essential structure of mankind and the plan
- Sustainable action encompasses the individual (micro-), institutional (meso-) and global (macro-) levels
The entire training program covers a total of three years and is composed of three parts:
- Part I is a basic course composed of three seminars
- Part II offers three continuation seminars. These can be attended separately in accordance with the individual participant’s program
- Part III brings in the global perspective and consists of a study trip to the United Nations or an international corporation
Since 2002, this training program has been offered annually and has received highly favorable recognition for its work in the fields of personality and leadership training.
Participants will be encouraged in their efforts to realize and further develop their professional, methodic, strategic and social competence in a holistic context. Specifically, this means:
- Freeing themselves from ingrained patterns of thinking and behaviour
- Developing their own creative potential and personal vision
- Realizing the advantages of ethical behaviour
- Having a lasting effect on corporate and global processes in a constantly changing world thanks to their connection with their own deep center
- Shaping businesses and institutions to allow for meeting the needs of today’s and future generation
- Finding their unique place in the whole system in order to serve humanity and the planet
Recipients of the «GEIST & Leadership»® diploma which is awarded after satisfactory completion of the training program stand for authentic, globally-oriented and responsible leadership.
Presentations and exercises provide for systematic, broad-based learning. Individual and group work and independent study tasks deepen the learning experience. Zen meditation is a central element of the training program. Traditional Zen meditation is derived from the Buddhism of China and Japan. The Lassalle-Institut’s practice of Zen is known for its undogmatic openness and can be performed by anyone, independent of religious affiliation. Zen meditation improves concentration, leads to inner serenity and focuses attention on what is essential.
Qualified seminar leaders work with models and exercises from the fields of game theory and of systemic, Gestalt-oriented and transpersonal psychology. Learning through case studies and exchange of experiences ensure that course insights will be used by participants in their daily work.
This training program addresses leaders on all levels and particularly those in the fields of personnel development, management training and development and human resource management, as well as those leaders responsible for developing corporate culture and for values shift and business ethics. Because the Lassalle-Institut’s approach emphasizes cross-generational learning, a limited number of places in each seminar is reserved for the Future Leader Generation.